I felt like my performance went well on Tuesday night because, I felt like I had a good understanding of what the character was about and how he viewed the other characters on stage with him at the the time. I think I reacted well off what other characters in the scene were saying and this helped to give depth to the scene. Also I feel like my strongest aspect of my performance was my voice, I felt like I had good diction and that my voice carried in the room. I feel like as a group we all performed well and you could see that there were clear relationships between characters on stage. If I had time I would probably have developed my relationship with my character and really try and route myself in the character as and actor that is one thing I will try and develop. I have learnt that a big part of naturalism as an acting technique come from research of the character you are playing. I found that aswell as rehearsing its very important to find out background information of your character or even make up background information to help develop and understand of them . After you have done this you should then apply the background information to the scene you are in.
The Stanislavsky techniques helped me so much during the process of rehearsals, line learning and developing understanding of my character. firstly when I first got given the text I actioned each unit and also work out what my characters objective was in the scene, this instantly gives you and idea of how you are going to block the scene and what is actually happening. I feel like I played my objectives well and that I understood throughout the scene and even the play what my characters intentions were. I thought that Rhianne performance was very strong also. I would say this because she look as if she clearly knew what her characters objectives were in the scene, she also look like she had a detailed understanding of the scene itself and this transferred into her final performance. I liked her interpretation of Ranyevskya and I liked the subtle relationship she showed with the character Yasha on stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment